So it appears that there is no funding available for me to pursue a PhD because of budget cuts at NASA-Langley (What? Didn't NASA get two billion dollars?). I had been planning to do one as soon as I finished my Master's degree, but it seems that my plans are going to have to change. So far, it looks like my options are, in order of appeal:
- Apply to a different school in Hampton and get a PhD from them (like VA Tech)
- Get a job as a civil servant at NASA-Langley
- Get a job as a contractor at NASA-Langley
- Do a PhD at NC State in Raleigh
- Get a job somewhere
- Move back with my parents
Looks like there are a couple of job openings at Langley, so options 2 and 3 might be feasible. I like being near the ocean, so staying in Hampton is appealing. Plus I don't want to have to move again. Ugh. I hate making life choices, but I hate having them limited even more.
In other news, I saw this music video on TV a while ago, and immediately thought that it wasn't a very good song. But I downloaded it anyway, and I'll be damned if didn't get stuck in my head.