Saturday, May 9, 2009

njosnavelin

That was the longest gap between posts yet -- I apologize for that. I've probably lost about 50% of my reading audience because of it, which means I've lost like two people. To tell you the truth, I've been feeling rather down lately because of this whole research/job business, and haven't felt particularly inclined to discuss it. But let's see a breakdown:
  • There is no money for a PhD after I finish my master's
  • There is no money to extended my master's thesis, so I have to finish in August
  • The ballistics tests (to be performed by the Army) that my thesis is on keep getting postponed, and are now scheduled for mid-June
In other words, I have about a month and a half between the experiment and the graduation deadline to process, interpret, and write up the results for my thesis. Plus, I need to find a job. This summer is going to be awesome.

Scrubs, as you may or may not know, has ended. It's had its ups and downs, but the series finale (I'm calling it a series finale, even though ABC isn't, because it's not Scrubs without Zach Braff or Sarah Chalke) was excellent. A perfect sendoff, and it had a great cover of a really good song by The Magnetic Fields:



Here is the cover by Peter Gabriel as it appears in the episode (WARNING! SPOILERS!):



Another song I can't stop listening to. Call me emo or whatever, but the lyrics are simple and thoughtful at the same time, just the way I like it.

And now, the greatest photo in the world:

No comments:

Post a Comment