Tuesday, February 24, 2009

we're not hosting an intergalactic kegger here

NASA lost a satellite today, when the payload shroud failed to deploy, throwing off the dynamics of the launch vehicle and sending to crashing to Earth. (Hah! I'm an aerospace engineer, so I know what I'm talking about. Mostly.) I think it's rather ironic that the satellite, designed to study climate change, crashed near Antarctica. While I'm disappointed about the loss of the mission, we chided my boss at NASA about it since he was involved in a project that ended up at the bottom of the Atlantic when the exact same thing happened to his launch vehicle. Hey, at least we can joke about it, right? Right?

When I put up the hit counter on the left side of the page, it gave me the option of setting how many zeros show up. I think I was a little too optimistic.

And now, I leave you with a little clip from one of my favorite animated films:

No comments:

Post a Comment