Tuesday, March 31, 2009

i know this much is true

I haven't updated this in a couple of weeks. Time to remedy that.

A couple of weeks ago I broke down and tried the online dating scene. I have to say, the experience has been positive -- I've been a on a few dates with the first girl I met and it's been pretty pleasant. Except for one thing. I have come to realize that I am terrible at dating.

Let's back up a bit, though. In my college years, I was known as a bit of a ladies' man* (albeit a clumsy one). But that was a few years ago, and since I moved to Virginia, things have been rather slow dating-wise. I'd say I'm attentive and polite on dates, and I joke around, but goddamn am I awkward. Case in point: on the last date I went on with this girl, we went to dinner and ordered food. She said something about taking a picture, and for some reason, in a haze of date-induced nervousness and anxiety, I interpreted this as, "Let's take pictures of our food." Yes. I have no idea why I thought that, either.

So I dutifully pull out my cameraphone and proceed to take a photo of my plate, and meanwhile she takes out a camera and takes a photo of me. I didn't realize this until she showed it to me, at which point I felt like an idiot. And there is now a photo on Facebook of me taking a picture of a burrito. It probably has to be seen to be believed, so here you go:



Beyond that, however, things seem to be going swimmingly. And yes, the burrito was excellent.

* This is not true.

3 comments:

  1. Are you wearing a tie, while this "girl" is taking a picture of you taking a picture of what looks like an AMAZING burrito?

    ~SVB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its ok, everybody is a little terrible at dating

    ReplyDelete
  3. How have I never read this? It's a great story, and you know I can relate to take pictures of food. : ) I've done it on several dates, just never on a first.

    ReplyDelete