Thursday, March 19, 2009

i've made a huge mistake



You may have seen this making its rounds on the intarwebs. It's a graph of different majors at Wellesley College, sorted by percentage of virgins. Although it doesn't have engineering listed on it, I suspect that it would lie on the right half of the chart. Also, I call bullshit on the compsci stat. There's no way those fuckers get more action than English majors. English majors are slick operators.

It may or may not be a trivial issue to summarize a major (or perhaps non-major) event in your life, but man, reading other people's sentences is addicting. Consider yourself warned.

Yesterday at work we got the following e-mail:

"Langley Research Center's new emergency loudspeaker system, called the Giant Voice Alert System, will be tested between 3-5 p.m. Thursday afternoon, March 19. The test will include a tone sound and a recorded voice saying 'This is a test.' The system consists of nine clusters of large horn-style speakers on tall wooden poles erected around the center. "

My first thought on reading this was, the Giant Voice Alert System? Seriously? Is that really the best NASA can come up with? My second thought was, if I were the one testing it, I would totally say, "I am the great and powerful OZ. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!"

I've been working on getting the second bedroom of my apartment more user-friendly. To that end, I've essentially made it into an, in my opinion, awesome man-cave. Yes, that is a box of Goldfish on my desk.

Continuing the tradition of Hollywood taking my childhood and beating it into submission with a hard drive that stores video files instead of rolls of film, one of my favorite books as a kid, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, is now being made into a movie. I'm not exactly sure whether to laugh or cry, but now I want to find that book and read it again. Also, I want some pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment